POSITION: Solution Design Engineer
The Solution Design Engineer supports sales and technical productivity by securing the technical clause in the proposed solution. The Solution Design Engineer collaborates with sales, projects and technical support resources to ensure proposals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Works as pre-sales engineer by supporting the sales team with the right and accurate solution design that meets the client requirements based on the company's solutions and product portfolio.
- Secure inputs and information from different sources involved in the solution by conducting site surveys, attending technical meeting with clients and from available client's document and drawings.
- Generates the solution BOQ and forward it to the estimation team for pricing
- Prepare the technical submittal and write-ups for the proposed solution and follow-up the status with client/consultant and response to any comments related to the submitted documents
- Prepare and submit the needed drawings; shop drawings, single line diagrams, schematic and connectivity plans and follow-up with the client's or consultant's engineer to grant the required approvals.
- Solution development by exploring and study technology trends and submits suggestions to management.
- Tests & study new products and solution and submit detailed report on test results, observation and recommendations.
- Collaborates with projects and implementation team to assure that implementation is done according to design and plans.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILS
The Candidate for this job must have the following:
- A university degree in automation, electronics, communication or equivalent field of study.
- Min two years filed experience in engineering or technical position in one of the following fields :
- Low current and automation systems and technologies
- Parking management & parking guidance systems
- Security and CCTV systems.
- Experience in 2D AutoCAD and shop drawings preparations.
- Experience in MS-OFFICE and different computer applications
- Fluent in English ( read, write and speak)
- Organized and have time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Priority of hiring for Saudi Arabian Nationality.
- This position includes traveling within Saudi Arabia.
- All candidates must pass a background check.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Pre-defined career path.
- Training ( at IDEX and/or at the manufacturer premises)
- Basic salary , housing allowance, transportation and medical insurance
- Yearly vacation
- Commission on leads generated by the non-sales positions.
- Bounces and/or salary raises based on the employee performance and evaluation reports